Martial arts is so much more than just kicking and punching!
The life skills taught in our classes help children grow into responsible young adults. As a student of Taekwon-do, your child will experience more than just self-defence. They will experience self-improvement. Virtually every area of their life can be affected in a positive way through Taekwon-do training.
As well as basic Taekwon-Do skills, the classes will teach cognitive skills, basic coordination skills, fitness and health and also important life-skills such as independence, organisation, teamwork, leadership, following instructions and responsibility.
Our Taekwon-do classes will
- Help young children to develop coordination and balance
- Learn the importance of treating others with courtesy and respect
- Motivate sedentary children to participate in exercise
- Enhance the strength of children with physical challenges
- Provide athletic children a way to become even more fit
- Develop self confidence and improve self-esteem
- Improve concentration and learning abilities
- Gain the ability to set and achieve goals
- Learn to persevere and not give up when faced with challenges